question

jirko99 avatar image
jirko99 asked

Charge Tesla - Victron offgrid 1,5-3kw system?

Hi,

Can you recommend a system that can charge a Tesla offgrid from solar. 2-3kw. Minimum is 5A/220V in the car. So just an ordinary 220V wall socket.

I park the car by my cabin over the weekend (48 hours) and would like to slow charge the car during sunlight. What minimum system would you recommend?

3kw inverter, battery and 3kw solar? I don’t want to spend to much since it’s just a hobby project.

How can the car detect ground from an off grid system?

/Carl

offgrid
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
hominidae avatar image
hominidae answered ·

Yes, why not...use the standard "brick" to charge the car.

I'd recommend to place a good/professional smart switch in between, like the Shelly Pro 1PM

With a Multiplus-II GX you can use Node-Red to define your own charging algorithm, using Node-Red, use the Shelly to switch charging (the brick) on/off. or via Tesla remote command based on Home Battery and Car SoC, for example.

If you want a smart charger instead, there are some DIY projects, using a Simple EVSE as the core device.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources