question

ptack avatar image
ptack asked

BMV-712 worked correctly for one month, now shows batteries charging when they are discharging

I installed a Victron BMV 712, 2 Battleborn lithium ion batteries, a Zamp rooftop solar panel system & controller and a Magnum Energy MS series inverter in my RV. Initially, the BMV-712 appeared to be tracking power (charging and discharging) accurately. However, recently the batteries had a couple of deep discharges and now the BMV-712 indicates that the system is charging the batteries even on a dark night when the solar panels have no output. Nothing has changed in the wiring of the system. Has anyone had a similar situation and what was the resolution?

BMV Battery Monitor
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Are you seeing a direct and obvious “reversal”? i.e. applying a know load of 100W shows a charge of 100W?

If so, despite being a very strange occurance, can you try reversing the shunt, or shunt PCB to see if it is corrected?

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Did Guys suggestion work for you

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.