question

nick-rackham avatar image
nick-rackham asked

Orion XS managed by Cerbo GX -Lynx BMS 500

Hi, my Orion XS appears to be charging even when the bms states 100% charge. Can someone please confirm the following

A) Orion XS connected via VE cable and ATC to H Pin from BMS?

B) Orion XS set to engine shutdown detection set to off

img-4950.png

This is my setup whilst driving yesterday

Setup is 3x160A 12v smart lifepo4 into a lynx distributor (A)

Lynx smart BMS connected to daisy chained 3 batteries

Lynx distributor (B) with Orion XS and Smart MPPT on one fuse channel and Victron battery protect 220A on number two fuse channel

Cerbo GX with screen

Netgear MiFi Ethernet connected

Multiplus II 3000 waiting for correct size cables

many thanks in advance for help with correct config and setup

orion xs
img-4950.png (384.4 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Look like the BMS isn't correctly configured.

Please post a screen shot of the battery settings in it.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nick-rackham answered ·

Thanks @kevgermany this is the screenshot for the BMS

img-4952.png

img-4952.png (236.6 KiB)
2 |3000

pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

Your Orion is charging because your batteries are not full, they are at the float voltage of 13.5V and if they were full the would not be accepting almost 40A charge current. I believe that your charged voltage setting of 12.8V is much too low, the default is 14.0V per the Lynx manual section 6.3.

What this means is that if the voltage is above 12.8V AND you have a very low charging current, which you almost certainly will have at some point, the SOC monitor will synchronise to 100% even if the batteries are not full. Having the charged voltage this much lower than the typical 13.2 to 13.5V operating range of lithiums off charge makes it meaningless. Put it back to 14.0V and see how you get on.

2 |3000

nick-rackham answered ·

@pwfarnell thank you. I’ve no recollection of changing that setting. I’ve checked the manual again and now have all the default values entered.

img-4954.png

I’ll confirm once I’ve had the chance to go for a drive

img-4954.png (248.9 KiB)
2 |3000

nick-rackham answered ·

@pwfarnell perfect, had to reset bms to defaults, changed the number of batteries and total amps and after a 3.5 hour drive all batteries up to 14.8V and balanced once they reached 14V. Thank you

2 |3000