question

autocharge avatar image
autocharge asked

MultiPlus-II 12/3000 shutdown and restart with low voltage alarm on DC.

According to the log DC volts are12.9 then 10.7. I have the dc low voltage cut off set to 9.3v but the inverter alarms and then shutdown while under high load " coffee maker, microwave , nija foodie". It restarts with no alarms. I run the generator and the high loads one at a time along with charging batteries " lithium ion 12v 280ah SOK" with no problem. The inverter should be able to handle the heavy loads. All other loads amount to about 3amps at most. when this happens. I have checked all the settings that I can think of. any suggestions would be nice.

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Battery bank is undersized for the unit, and the startup current of your high loads is causing voltage drop below your cutoff voltage for a fraction of a second, too brief a period of time for the log to capture; the battery bank BMS itself could also be cutting out, as 10.7v is dangerously low for an LFP battery.

Minimum battery bank for the unit should be 400Ah as noted in the user and installation manual, when correcting that also make sure that any other deviance in the installation is corrected (ie make sure cable sizing and lengths are appropriate, etc) and the issue will likely resolve.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.