question

jgy67 avatar image
jgy67 asked

My Victron MP 24/3000/70h /16 rejects the power input from my Hyundai diesel gen set.

I know this topic somewhat has been addressed in the forum before, but nevertheless.

My problem is that the Victron MP refuses to accept the power from the gen set. I have tried to configure the MP through the Ve Config , and tried all the various combinations of settings,

The only time it will work, is when I enable "weak ac", but the sad thing about that is that the MP is less efficient. it only charges about 13-1400W, which is significantly lower than its rated charging capacity

If I disable the weak ac setting, the MP starts charging ,and slowly increases the charging to its maximum rated capacity , and then cuts off the charging, then after a while the same thing happens again.

Since the generator is able to provide 5,7 KW continuous power, its not due to power overload

Im currently running

Firmware version 413

I have noticed that there is a newer FW available .

Any change the new FW would resolve any of this?

Any advice how to improve this?

Kind regards

Jan

Generator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Jaco Reinecke avatar image
Jaco Reinecke answered ·

Hi Jan,

From what I have read, generators are notorious for not producing a clean stable current.

Recently I had a family member who was running ESS, grid tied. He had no solar panels.

If he tried to charge the batteries with his Honda generator, the inverter ignored the input. He had to disable the grid tied option, before the inverter accepted the Honda's current.

Hope this gives you an idea.

Regards
Jaco

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Tom avatar image
Tom answered ·

Have you ticked the dynamic current limiter? You may need to as well as turn off the UPS function. Victron has posted generator help on it website when connected to a Multiplus.

2 |3000