question

chris-harris avatar image
chris-harris asked

Streetlight problem

I have installed MPPT 100 50 bluetooth controller, using SolidSwithch 104 relay connected via a TX cable ASS030550500.

When connected the light stays on constantly. The switch process does not seem to work. When I check with a voltmeter on each pin of the VE Direct connector there is no difference in output if the solar panels are connected or not (opening and closing the circuit breaker between the panels and controller.) Reading from outboard toward the center I get 5V, 5V, 3.3V, 0V, no matter if the solar panels are connected or not.

It is such a simple installation that it is difficult to think it is not done correctly but I am hesitant to just blame the controller.

Any suggestions?

Streetlight
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
chris-harris avatar image
chris-harris answered ·

Problem solved!

Unlike the manual there are three steps not two to set up StreetLight. You have to set load on and your streetlight requirements as the manual says but you also have to set TX Output to normal dimming. That part is not listed as part of setting the light up.

Chris

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic