question

charles-edouard avatar image
charles-edouard asked

Can the Blue Smart Charger be always plugged to the battery and power grid (all the time)

Hello,

We are developing a product that embeds a 24V LiFePO4 battery with an MPPT charger.

For some customers, however, we need to use the power grid to charge the battery.

For this configuration, I was thinking of using a Blue Smart Charger (24V/5A) - it will be always connected to the grid (AC 110V/220V) and to the battery.

Most of the time, the charge connected to the battery will consume less than the capacity of the charger - meaning that the charge is "powered" by the charger - the consumption is ~30Wh.

From time to time, the charge connected to the battery will consume ~200Wh for several hours - meaning that the charge is "powered" by the charger and the battery.

To conclude:

- as it is always powered, the charger will deliver ~30Wh the day and ~5Wh the night

- and ~100Wh for several hours twice a month

Can the Blue Smart Charger supports of being always powered ? Or is it a charger made for recharging the battery from time to time ?

Thanks !

charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@charles-edouard

I have mine plugged in all the time.

It is designed to be a power supply as well. So I am sure it has been considered as an option or use case.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic