question

edmund avatar image
edmund asked

quattro 48/5000/70 generator size?

good morning first post

I am building a new house and adding electric , I have a quattro 48/5000/70

I plan to add a standby generator to be started by my quattro , I want to use lpg as the fuel as this is in bulk on site

loads for my house are

2kw water pump ,and general household loads w,machine d.washer, which can consume up to 3kw each . I will not be running all at the same time !

battery bank 16x 80amp leisure batteries, in four separate strings , and 620amp fork lift truck battery 48v

charging will be through 2 separate systems Fronius ig plus 3.6 kw directly through quattro , and Morningstar tristar 60 directly into the leisure batteries

i'd like to use a water cooled lpg generator{ ie micro chp } but don't know what size to buy?

I have tried to search the forums , sorry if i'm asking a regular question I tried searching

ED

Generator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Murray van Graan avatar image
Murray van Graan answered ·

Hi Edmund,

Have a look here: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/multiplus_faq#generator_sizing

According to this an 8KVA, if you want to use the full capacity of the Quattro.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.