question

jeremy-green avatar image
jeremy-green asked

Switch as Group option in Victron Connect v6.05

I am running 2 Multiplus II 48v3K in split phase in my RV. When I'm on generator or using a 30A/50A dogbone from shore power, I have 30A parallel coming in from my ATS. The Multi's see 120V/60hz input, but never utilize it because it's not split-phase.

I can manually switch the multi's over to parallel mode, but that requires hooking up the laptop to make the change.

I'm trying to avoid having to mess around with an auto-transformer. My understanding is that if I turn off the "Switch as Group" option, that Multi-1 will remain in pass-thru/inverter/charger mode off of L1, and multi-2 should go into inverter-only mode, ignoring it's availability of power on L2 because it's not arriving as split-phase.

This would be fine for me, as I have substantial storage capacity, and the balance of the L1 30A not being passed through for use is more than enough to top of the batteries, especially overnight. I know some genersator's get upset at having too much imbalance between L1 and L2, but again I can limit the power draw on L1 to 25A to keep the genset happy.

the issue I have is that I can't find the "Switch as Group" option in the Victron Connect v6.05 software. All the screen shots I have found online look like a much older version of the software. Can anyone confirm the option still exists, and where I access it in this version?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

That option is only available in the "VE.bus system configurator".

1716310065787.png

1716310065787.png (82.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.