question

berndcamper avatar image
berndcamper asked

SmartShunt: Time-to-go averaging for camper van (RV): one day = 1200 minutes possible?

Hi to this great Community!

SmartShunt

setting: 'Time-to-Go averaging' more than 12 minutes ?

Reason:

Our camper's energy use jumps (0-20A).

A 20-hour (1200 minute) window would improve daily consumption forecasting a lot.

How can I set 1200 minutes? Is there a hidden setting?

Or can I get a software update for testing, please?

Greetings, from Bernd, Sandra and Rona

Manual - SmartShunt:

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/SmartShunt/en/all-features-and-settings.html#UUID-d62f5fb1-9c00-a5f0-a504-15f02bed5ad8

SmartShuntfeature requestbatterylife
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

This might create more problems than it solves, although an increase of the 12 minute limit might be good. Perhaps @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) can help.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ·

Hi @BerndCamper,

I'll ask if it can be increased, but I presume there is a technical reason for that limit (bit length constraint or some such), so I don't expect it will be straight forward to change.

2 |3000

Related Resources

SmartShunt Product Page

SmartShunt Installation Manual

SmartShunt Quick Installation Guide

SmartShunt Datasheet

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

The feature requests topic tag can help Victron R&D find feature suggestions for products. 

There are many factors that go into the Victron product roadmap, and feedback from end-users can help.