question

venter-ssw avatar image
venter-ssw asked

Charge current sharing between load and battery

Hi, I have a BlueSolar 75/15 (v1.63) with a 100W panel, 12V 8Ah Lithium battery and a (12V 3A) pump connected to the load output of the MPPT. I have the battery charge current set to 2A, but when the pump is switched on, there is a draw of around an amp from the battery with the panel in full sunlight. I did a test and adjusted the charge amps to 5A and there was around 2A into the battery and 3A into the load, so there was enough energy available from the panel. Is this normal behavior for the MPPT? I would have thought that the charger would take as much as needed from the panel to charge the battery and supply the loads (up to the max of 15A), but it seems to be capped to whatever the battery charge current is set at.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

That limits all power sent to the DC bus from the charger. The load output effectively is connected to the battery, so the mppt cannot differentiate between them and treat them independently.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.