question

Eli Hunter avatar image
Eli Hunter asked

Multiplus 2 with Lynx shunt brief voltage drops

I've had this system intalled for a bit over 3 years now for our house. I'd left it disconnected for about 2 weeks while we were away and when I started running off the battery again I got several DC ripple warnings followed by low voltage warnings several times per hour. There is no corresponding current draw when the voltage drop occurs. It happens with and without load on AC output and with AC input connected or disconnected.

The battery is made up of 2xTesla modules with SimpBMS connected to a VenusGX. There's also a Lynx Shunt in line between the batteries and Multiplus units (split phase setup).

I found Victron is reading down to about 11V for several seconds while the BMS is reporting normal voltages the entire time. I've inspected the wires and terminals. I also removed wires between the battery and Lynx shunt, cleaned terminals, and reconnected. If it matters I'm pulling data from /battery/DC/0/Voltage (shows voltage drop) and /battery/system/MinCellVoltage (no voltage drop).

I'm suspecting the Lynx or Multiplus is having trouble determining the voltage. Anything else I should be checking?

Multiplus-IIHelp
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

@Eli Hunter

If you have a battery isolator switch, check it internally for damaged contacts caused by arcing.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

MultiPlus-II Product page 

MultiPlus-II Manual

MultiPlus-II 230V Datasheet 

VE.Bus Error codes

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic