question

mushu avatar image
mushu asked

Where do I find a diagram to install all of these components?

I have the 12V 2kW PMP inverter/charger, and bought the remote GX panel that came with a shunt. Each of the three items has an RJ11 port for the control cable that came with the GX panel. Since there are three ports and only one cable, how do I connect them all together?

I want to control the inverter remotely with the panel since it has an on/off/charge switch on it, but I was told I must buy yet ANOTHER spendy device just to configure the inverter to be controlled by the remote...?

I see a 2-wire connector in the inverter next to the dip switches titled "REMOTE ON/OFF" that has a jumper wire connecting the two holes (shorting them together). I'm wondering now if there are two wire ports in the remote panel that are supposed to be connected directly to the inverter at these two wire ports?

multplus 2 gx
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Read the manuals!

Can you please be more accurate about the components you have (link to the product page at https://www.victronenergy.com/ or the article number)?

A MultiPlus has VE.bus which is RJ45.

A "GX Panel" doesn't come with a shunt.

1 Like 1 ·
mushu avatar image mushu Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Sorry, this s/b better:

* Multiplus 12/2000/80 inverter/charger - p/n PMP122200102
* Digital multi control 200/200A GX - p/n DMC000200010R
* Battery monitor BMV-712 Smart - p/n BAM030712000R

The battery monitor came with the shunt. I'm trying to figure out what cables need to connect to which device to get all three connected together such that the GX panel can control the inverter with it's 3-way faceplate switch and so that the battery monitor can show the charge levels of the batteries.

The trailer is a 30A max system. I have 2 wet batteries connected in parallel so the entire system is 12 volts I just wanted longer discharge time, mostly to be able to keep the 120V fridge on while towing so I don't have to keep the propane gas on while towing to keep the food cold.

0 Likes 0 ·
delf67 avatar image delf67 commented ·

The 2-wire remote on/off is to be connected to regular on/off (close/open) switch to remotely switch the inverter and has nothing to do with the GX Panel on/off. The GX panel switches the inverter on and off via the VE.bus communication bus (the RJ45 connector on both), but the inverter has to be configured to do this exactly as you were told in the other thread.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Read the manuals!

You just need a RJ45 cable from the MultiPlus to the DMC.

The BMV is a stand-alone product in your setup and doesn't get connected to the other devices.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mushu avatar image mushu commented ·

I actually did read all of the manuals, most are written as if the author is ESL (English as a second language) and the terms they use were partially unfamiliar to me, most likely due to being written by an engineer who is completely familiar with the product. I, however, am not. Thus my posts on the forum.

I assume you meant that the BMV doesn't get connected to the INVERTER since it has to be connected to the SHUNT in order to read the voltages, correct?

So, after all of these posts and comments from everyone I believe I finally understand what I need to do:

* purchase (sadly) the MK3-USB device in order to program the inverter via laptop to be able to be controlled by the DMC GX panel toggle switch, update the firmware if necessary
* connect the DMC GX panel directly to the inverter using the supplied ethernet cable
* connect the BMV battery monitor directly to the shunt using the supplied cable
* connect the temperature sensor wires to the shunt, with the sensor placed in the battery cage

That about cover it?

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ mushu commented ·
Can you point out the parts of the manual that are unclear to you? I will take a closer look at it.

In my opinion the manuals are written pretty clear. There are also some schematics that show exactly how to install the components.

If you don't understand the manual or the schematics you maybe aren't qualified to install it yourself.

What temperature sensor?

1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic