question

offpist avatar image
offpist asked

Wakespeed WS500 DVCC.

Venus OS V3.30-10 now has support for "Alternator controller integration".

• Add DVCC support for the Wakespeed WS500.

Has anyone tested this or can explain what it does?

My setup is REC-BMS -> Cerbo GX -> WS500 -> NMEA2000.

So everything is on 250 kbps and using the VE-CAN port only.

Does this update mean I can move the REC-BMS over to the BMS-CAN port at 500 kbps, and the Cerbo will control/forward DVCC to WS500?

One or two benefits' from this would be to limit current and/or voltage from the DVCC menu in the Cerbo.

DVCC
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
bathnm avatar image
bathnm answered ·

Such a configuration has not been tested. What has been tested is the CerboGX, BMS (Lynx Smart BMS) and Wakespeed all on 256Kb VE.Can port. It allows the Wakespeed to follow voltage and current as requested by the GX. Therefore the maximum battery charge current will be split across all DVCC controlled devices, including the Wakespeed. If the user modifies the maximum charge current or voltage in the DVCC menu then the Wakespeed will be sent those voltage limits or a portion of the current (depending on other DVCC devices such as Solar, Shore).

You will also require a beta/Alpha firmware for the wakespeed device.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mattyroo avatar image
mattyroo answered ·

Wakespeed FW 2.5.2 is coming imminently and will allow DVCC control of the Wakespeeds. I have tested it and it works beautifully.
Watch the Wakespeed website for the release.

2 |3000

Related Resources