question

chiznitz avatar image
chiznitz asked

Quattro II 24V/3000 2x120 - Charge Only - No Power

Hey all,

I have been searching for solutions but as of yet I'm not sure why I can't get "Charge Only" to work. When I switch the inverter to the inverter side, it both charges and allows me to use my AC2-IN shore power just fine. As soon as I switch it to charger only, it completely shuts off all power to my fifth wheel.

I'm not understanding why it wouldn't just continue to pass through the shower power to the camper and allow the batteries to charge?

I have AC2-IN wired directly to shore power and AC1-OUT goes to my campers Circuit breaker panel.

Thanks!

Quattro-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

This is by design. Charger only means nothing but battery charging. All AC output is shut off. There is no pass through.

Inverter will power AC out from batteries only

On will charge batteries, power AC from AC in and supplement power to AC out of AC in is missing or inadequate.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

chiznitz avatar image chiznitz commented ·

But it’s not even charging in charge only, it just shuts off and does nothing at all.

Is the manual worded wrong or am I just reading it stupid? It contradicts what you said above.

3. Operation
3.1 On/Off/Charge Only Switch

"when the switch is switched to 'charger only', only the battery charger of quattro-ii will operate (if mains voltage is present). In this mode input voltage is also switched through to the 'AC Out' Terminal.

NOTE: when only the charger function is required, ensure that the switch is switched to 'charger only'. This prevents the inverter from being switched on if the mains voltage is lost, thus preventing your batteries from running flat'

I appreciate the help!

0 Likes 0 ·
chiznitz avatar image
chiznitz answered ·

@kevgermany I confirmed with Victron that I am indeed correct and it should work. I also connected a second power source to the other input and “charge only “ does indeed both charge and supply power through the transfer switch.

After troubleshooting with a victron engineer it was determined I have a faulty unit and we are in rma process.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Quattro II Product page

Quattro II Online Manual

Pre-RMA bench test instructions.

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic