question

rvnomad avatar image
rvnomad asked

Does shore power pass through MultiPlus-II when switch is in the OFF position?

I'm working with an installer for a set up in my 50 amp RV. We're going to install a MultiPlus-II 12V-24V 3kVA 2x120V which connects to both RV 50 amp L1 and L2 lines.

We're planning on using the AC-out-2 output for loads that should not be run from battery power, e.g. the air conditioner. The AC-out-1 output will be used for loads that can run from battery power.

I have read the user manual several times, but am unsure of this: If the inverter main switch is in the OFF position, and shore power is available, will the inverter pass through both L1 and L2 lines?

The user manual doesn't answer this.

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/MultiPlus-II_12V-24V_3kVA_2x120V/en/operation.html#UUID-7298f179-0308-9572-742a-71441895de98

Multiplus-II
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem commented ·

If you need AC power when the inverter is off, you need to install a transfer switch to bypass the inverter. You might consider connecting your loads that do not run from battery to the RV's AC input (before the inverter) so your transfer switch only needs to switch the two hots plus neutral. If you use AC out 2 for these loads, then you need an additional 2 poles on the transfer switch.

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

No power is passed through when in the "Off" position.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rvnomad avatar image rvnomad commented ·
Thank you. And is the switch a "spring-type" switch or it actually stays in the Off and On positions? I have not been able to find a demo unit so far.
0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ rvnomad commented ·

It's a rocker, so firmly stays in any of its 3 positions (Off, On, Charger Only)!

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·

It passes through in charger only.

0 Likes 0 ·