question

nickburt avatar image
nickburt asked

BMV512 wifi connection

I have a vehicle with a BMV712 Smart, Orion Tr Smart and an MPPT 100/30.

As a system on the vehicle it all works fine and does exactly what it should and while close by, I can monitor what's going on with the Connect App on my 'phone.

I'm looking for a simple (cheap ??!!) way if adding wifi capability. Ideally, I'd like to automatically connect to a wifi network when the vehicle is parked up and I'm away from it.

For example, the vehicle is stored in a building a lot of the time, so I'd like to be able to remotely monitor the SOC etc. set up so that when the vehcle is within range of the wifi in the building it automatically connects and I can then monitor va the web.

From what I understand, this needs either a GX device or a Raspberry PI running Venus. Are these the only way, or are there other "plug and play" ways. i.e. some sort of simple wifi device that just plugs into the VE Direct port on the BMV?

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
snoobler avatar image
snoobler answered ·

If you want VRM or VictronConnect functionality, GX device (including RPi running Venus OS) are your only options.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.