question

jurem avatar image
jurem asked

MPPT 75/15 setting up

Hello guys. Just mounted MPPT 75/15 with two 120w pannels in paralel. When i finished mounting, it was almost sunset and i was getting around 16V and 0.0 A from PV. Battery voltage was 12.9V, it is brand new VRLA AGM 140 Ah battery. I know that it needs to be at least 5V difference to activate the charger, but i have few questions. First of all, if I'm using victron connect app to set up charging, do i need to remove jumper link (little black one)? Im asking because i forgot to remove it today, and in manuals it says if using app then you dont need jumper link and remove it. Second question is, what settings to use,(should i activate expert mode) absorption and float voltages, asorption time etc. I didnt get notes from manufacturer so if anyone knows what settings to use, it would be helpfull. Best regards to all!

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Don't remove the jumper unless you want to make other connections as per manual.

Check your panel specs in full. Voc needs to be about 19V or higher for proper operation. If not, check using the Victron MPPT online calculator and connect panels in series. Assuming the panels are the same make/model, it's generally better to connect in series. Gives better performance in lower light.

If there is no battery charging info, set the type to the second Victron AGM deep discharge value. By all means take a look in expert mode. But probably no changes needed.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jurem avatar image
jurem answered ·

Thank you. About pannels, they were there when i bought my boat, they are 32 cells each, but I'm not sure about wattage, it can be more. Was asking about jumper because of this:

1000181849.jpg

1000181849.jpg (356.2 KiB)
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Sorry, mixing up this jumper with on/off jumpers on other kit. The VC settings will override the jumper.

Panel specs should be on a sticker on the back of the panels.

2 |3000

jurem avatar image
jurem answered ·

So you said that settings will override it, but i think i will remove it, like it says in manual. Thank you!

2 |3000