question

Rich Petrelli avatar image
Rich Petrelli asked

Orion 24/12 causing M2 to flip between Absorb and Invert

I have a pretty strange prob. I just installed the M2 2x120 24v, cerbo, lynx shunt and 1 Orion 24/12 70A converter, and LiTime 24v 230AH lifepo4 battery in my FR3.

I have the Orion 24/12 connected to my marine 12v /100A house batteries. Everything works great until the SOC reaches 100% on my lifepo4 then the M2 keeps fluctuating between Absorbtion and Inverting. If I leave the Orion 24/12 disconnected my M2 works fine and behaves properly. Note that while the 24/12 was connected to my house batteries I did turn the breaker off to prevent any loops

To remedy this temporarily I disconnected the Orion 24/12 and have plugged in the oem converter charger into AC the outlet that charges the lead acid house batteries. So basically while in inverter mode the oem converter is running of the M2. Of course my usage seems a lot higher now since the inverter is running the oem converter charger to charge the lead acids. I don’t believe I have a current loop because the oem converter and lifepo4 are not on the same circuit The Orion 24/12 is between them

Could the marine batteries be back-feeding the M2 through the Orion 24/12 and be cause of the m2 to flip flop between absorb and invert?

I have the Orion 24/12 set to 13.6 volts

Assistance is appreciated!

Rich

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Rich Petrelli avatar image
Rich Petrelli answered ·

Any advice?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.