question

bill53 avatar image
bill53 asked

MultiPlus charging function control

Is it possible to externally control the charging function of the MultiPlus 3000/48? I would like have my MultiPlus connected to the mains input with a load on the pass though and control when battery charging takes place that is, when I have an excess of PV power. Then use battery power via the inverter by disconnecting the mains input.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @Bill53

This is possible using Assistants.. https://www.victronenergy.com/live/assistants:start

A broad field though, and it will depend on the kit you're using and your exact requirements before choosing the correct path.

Could be done manually or automated. Even via more high end things like NodeRed. Your learning curve beckons.. happy researching..

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sharpener avatar image
sharpener answered ·

What are you trying to achieve that the more usual ESS setup will not do for you?

2 |3000