question

justinm avatar image
justinm asked

Prioritize solar over grid inputs are backwards for Quattro?

I setup prioritize solar over grid with my RV deployment on both my Quattro systems and the inputs are backwards. According to the info below it says "For Quattros, it requires the generator to be wired to the AC-in-1 input" This is completely opposite for basically everything else in Victron which uses ACin2 for generator. IS there a specific reason for this?

I confirmed that ACin1 will work like normal while ACin2 will sustain. But it seems if I have auto start generator it won't recognize I run the generator if its connected to ACin1.

Also the system prioritizes ACin1 over ACin2 so if I wire as suggested if I'm running generator while driving then plug into shore it wouldn't swap over automatically, I'll have to cut the generator off for it to swap.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.bus:solar-and-wind-priority

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@justinm

The advice depends on your set up.

AC input 1 is the only one that will recover the system from a totally dead (black start) battery.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.