question

caspartfg avatar image
caspartfg asked

Can you remotely connect WilhelmSK to SignalK via the Proxy Relay?

Hey all, i'm having a bit of a mental block. I've got Venus Large running on my Cerbo GX and passing through all the N2K data on my boat (and it's working a treat). I can access everything via the VRM portal and locally on my network..

The usecase I want now is to use the WilhelmSK app when i'm away from the boat so I can keep an eye on things. Specifically if I leave the boat at anchor, i'd like to check the position, depth, windspeed, power, etc remotely just to check everything is ok.

Is it possible to get access SignalK endpoint remotely (through WilhemSK) or is the proxy relay just for the VRM UI?

Thanks in advance

Casp.

SignalK
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Scott Bender avatar image Scott Bender commented ·
Sadly, this is not currently possible. It would require changes to VRM and WilhelmSK @mvader (Victron Energy)
0 Likes 0 ·
4 Answers
alun avatar image
alun answered ·

Would like an answer to this too!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Kees Oomen avatar image
Kees Oomen answered ·

I like to know this too

2 |3000

macjl avatar image
macjl answered ·

I use a workaround with my router to acheive this, but it would great to use the vrm proxy relay !

2 |3000

el-cid avatar image
el-cid answered ·

That would be great! I think it's not possible as they reset the connection after 30 minutes

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic