question

hsosa1 avatar image
hsosa1 asked

100/20mppt connecting two victron charge controllers together

hi I have a total solar array of 600watts . two panels that are rated at 220 each and two renogy panels at 100 watts each my max solar is about 270 watts with the 100/20 mppt. I wanted to add install another 100/20 mppt to the same battery bank so I can get the total wattage of my solar panels . my question is can I just connect another 100/20 or a 100/30 model use two victron mppt. will I need a victron battery shunt so the mppt can communicate or not required ? thanks again ! u guys are awesome

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Each would have its own set of panels and be wired to the same bank. You don't explicitly need a shunt, but you would want to create a ve smart network so the chargers can coordinate.

This should be well documented in the respective manuals for smart networking and the mppts.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hsosa1 avatar image
hsosa1 answered ·

awesome thank you ! I was reading the manual a few days ago .

2 |3000