question

cabezonbd avatar image
cabezonbd asked

What Parameter(s) Activates my MP2 to charge?

Hello

The more i investigate the more confused I get. My system:

4 ea 200Ah Smart LiFePo4 Victron batteries in parallel (12v)

1 ea Lynx Smart 500 BMS

1 ea MP2 120v/3000W

1 ea Cerbo with Display

1 ea SBP 220a

2 ea MPPT 100/30 controllers

I have my my BMS SoC threshold set to 70%. My MP2 charge parameters set to Battery type --LiFepo4 w/Lithium batteries/ Batteries icon box checked /Absor Voltage to 14.2/Float Voltage set to 13.5. Cerbo DVCC is Forced on with all parameters as in default settings. Side note: I have also enabled the VE Smart Networking on the MPPT's and the MP2.

My SOC now on my battery bank is 62% yet the MP2 charger never activated. My understanding was that when the MP2 was "told" via the bus system that my SOC fell below 70 % then I should start charging. What am I missing?

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
beagle avatar image
beagle answered ·

VE.Bus BMS Assistant in MP2. Mayby.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Justin Cook avatar image Justin Cook ♦♦ commented ·
No VE.Bus BMS, so not this.
0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Do not activate VE.Smart Networking. You have a DVCC system already, so it's a mistake to try to run two different types of networking on the system.

Was this system professionally installed? If so, please contact your systems installer, as it sounds like something isn't communicating properly. There is a very good chance that it's something very simple like a bad network cable (were Victron RJ45 UTP cables used, and connected to the proper ports?) or a missing terminator in the open VE.Can ports, or something of that nature. Small errors in installation/programming can have very big effects.

2 |3000