question

kaypea avatar image
kaypea asked

MPPT Upgrade within Easysolar II system

Hello all.. I have an Easysolar system 24/3000/70 which is fitted as standard with a 250/70 MPPT solar charger/controller. Apart from the slight physical size difference, is there any reason why a 250/100 MPPT controller couldn't be fitted/work with the same wiring and control? If it won't fit in the exisiting housing, I have no problem mounting it externally. I think it should work, but just thought I'd ask incase I've missed something.

The reason for asking is I've just upgraded to LifePo4 batteries which can now handle higher solar charge currents, and as such I could then maximise the available solar power from my panels.

Thanks...

MPPT ControllersMPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

@kaypea My suggestion will be to leave as. The warranty will be void once you start "modifying" it. It is however fine to add the new 250/100 externally to the system using either the existing VE.Direct, VE.Direct to USB (if you used the VE.Direct for something else) or VE.Can and the obvious battery connection.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

@kaypea

Instead of buying an expensive large MPPT, split the solar array, put some panels into a smaller MPPT and leave the rest on the EasySolar.

2 |3000