question

rtna avatar image
rtna asked

Raspberry PI Error #42

I have a Raspberry PI with Venus OS, in combination with an original Raspberry display. I have been running VenusOS on this for several months now. No problems so far.

Yesterday I received an error message for no apparent reason:

Hardware Problem detected #42. Storage is corrupt on this device

I have now reinstalled several SD cards (32Gb and 64Gb) on a PI3 and a PI4 and this message keeps coming back. The installation also no longer remembers any settings. I can't quite determine what the cause is and I also don't understand why I keep getting the same error message on different PIs and on different SD-cards on a clean installation.

This is the last regular version of VenusOS, not the beta.

Can someone help me on my way?

Venus OSRaspberry Pi
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
outsourcedguru avatar image
outsourcedguru answered ·

Do you perform a legitimate OS shutdown before powering off the VenusOS-based Pi? MicroSD cards are susceptible to data corruption if they're powered off during a data write event.

Connecting the Pi to a UPS would prevent short-duration power outages from causing this. I note that my own UPS "chirps" whenever the power is interrupted and that these events appear to happen once or twice per day as the system changes modes.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

rtna avatar image
rtna answered ·

I installed a brand new SD-card with the image. Never did a shut down, just a reboot from the terminal after deleting the headless file and it allways comes up with the mentioned error.

2 |3000

rtna avatar image
rtna answered ·

Problem solved. The flat cable on the Raspberry PI touchscreen appeared to be the problem. How this could cause these problems I don't understand but it was solved replacing the cable.

2 |3000

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Moved to modifications

2 |3000