question

jsinmn avatar image
jsinmn asked

Battery terminal voltage reading high

screenshot-20240319-174530.jpgI have a victron 75/15, a 12 volt, 100 amp hour lithium iron phosphate battery and a 200 watt panel. Today I noticed that the charge controller app was showing panels were generating 44 volts. App also showed the battery with that 44 volts ( When I measure the battery with a multimeter, it read at 12.9 volts just like I should).

I used the multimeter to check the terminals of the solar charge controller to see if it was just a faulty reading with the app. But the multimeter also confirmed that the output to the battery of 44 volts. Is normal ? I assumed that the charge controller would be outputting 14.4 V, which is what I have it set at in the app, not 44. See screenshot, 2nd column from left.

battery system voltage
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Al avatar image
Al answered ·

Have you connected the battery and solar panel to the mppt the wrong way around? There's no yield or power showing the solar generated anything.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic