question

tiroler-huene avatar image
tiroler-huene asked

Load output turns OFF

Hi there,

i have an issue with the MPPT 100/20. I have read some other threads but could not find a fitting solution or explanation.

My Set-up:

I want to use the MPPT 100/20's load output to power 36V decorative light chains (LED). In my setup (i admit) the power does not come from a solar panel, but a small generator i power with a bike (3-phase rectified, peak voltage output ~90-100V). I have set the MPPT 100/20's load output to "always on" and to 36V and connect the light chains. I do not have a battery connected.

Now, on small loads (few light chains) this works perfectly as i want: I pedal the bike, the MPPT starts up and after this the light chains start to glow. I pedal faster, the light brighter.

If i connect now multiple light chains and start to pedal, the light chains light up, but after a certain voltage of the generator, the load output turns OFF. It does not turn on again unless i completley stop pedaling so the MPPT turns off and i start over again.

I also veriefied this with a variable power supply which can go up to 60V DC. MPPT boots up, light chains illuminate and at about 40V the load output turns off.

Is there some settings i missed in by setting up the MPPT or do I have to connect a battery?

Also what is the Jumper underneath the Fuse for?

Thank you so much in advance.

MPPT SmartSolarGenerator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

The load output is fed by the battery, you do not have one. if you want it to work you will need to add one.

All of your answers are in the manual, it just needs to be consulted.

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Manual_SmartSolar_MPPT_75-10_up_to_100-20/en/features.html#UUID-c2b1f357-ff37-9fae-5bfa-a8ba2185fd92

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tiroler-huene avatar image
tiroler-huene answered ·

Thank you for the quick reply and the useful link to the manual.

I will have a look there

thanks a lot!

2 |3000