question

sharpener avatar image
sharpener asked

MP II-GX manual is missing Appendix A

As per title, cannot find the connections picture any more. It does not matter whether I search on the Victron home page or use google, both bring up this link. Neither the pdf and html5 versions have Appendix A (though the non-GX manual does), why has it disappeared @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)?

Trying to find out what to use for the negative side of the 12V supply available from the K1 output terminals as I want to power a small auxiliary board with 12V at a few milliamps. Am I right in assuming that the -ve side of Aux 1 is suitable for this purpose?

Multiplus-IImanual error
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
duivert avatar image
duivert answered ·

Here is appendix a:

img-6270.jpeg

img-6271.jpeg

img-6270.jpeg (285.0 KiB)
img-6271.jpeg (192.1 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sharpener avatar image
sharpener answered ·

Thanks @duivert & @Alexandra. I wonder why it is in the MP II manual but not in the MP II-GX?

My GX certainly looks the same as the picture. But as upthread the text gives no clue about what to use for the -ve side of the 12V supply, any ideas?

2 |3000

duivert avatar image
duivert answered ·

Gx and non gx connections are the same

Yes you can use a aux - for 12v -ve

2 |3000

sharpener avatar image
sharpener answered ·

Have wired this up now.

Only get 11V from the 12V output using Aux 2 - as the -ve.

Also it seems to be floating with respect to earth/chassis which I wasn't expecting. Are these observations normal?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

MultiPlus-II Product page 

MultiPlus-II Manual

MultiPlus-II 230V Datasheet 

VE.Bus Error codes