question

testor90 avatar image
testor90 asked

Victron ignoring suddenly DVCC *Chargevoltage limit

When charging from the Grid Victron was always controlled via DVCC Charge voltage limit.

The Multiplus stopped always at 55,2 Volts as set in the dvcc.

Now after the Update of the Multiplus II it is suddenly ignoring the settings.

can somebody confirm?

Multiplus-IIDVCC
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Did you reload your config after the update as it would have been reset to defaults..?

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

testor90 avatar image testor90 commented ·
Yes I wrote settings to the MPII

Can you tell me wich one could affect the MPII ignoring the DVCC Charge voltage?

Sincerely

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ testor90 commented ·
MP2 firmware cannot affect DVCC, so this is something else.

Sounds like your charger defaults are off or, it is working, but the BMS is sending different CVL values.

Check every setting on your inverter, from end to end.

Check all the devices are online to the GX.

Then check the CVL that the battery is actually sending.

That setting is not meant for permanent use, it has a different purpose.

What versions are you running on the inverter and Cerbo?

What battery is this?

0 Likes 0 ·
testor90 avatar image testor90 nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

Thank you that you took your time.

MPII is running the 508 Firmware Version.

All devices are online.
I have a seplos and DVL is highter, but until a few days ago Victron System was using always the lower setting (CVL or DVCC CCL)

What setting exactly do you mean that is not for permanent use?

Cerbo is the v3.01 Version, should i update it and try again?

Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ testor90 commented ·
There is no DVL only CVL, there is a CCL and a DCL.

Seplos is an unsupported type, sounds like an interoperability issue to me. Chart out the CVL on vrm, post it here at the time you see an issue.

0 Likes 0 ·
amcarter333 avatar image
amcarter333 answered ·

Nickdb is right. If you read your instruction manual, it warns that you will likely lose some or all of your settings after doing a firmware update. I find this to be true. For example, I did an update recently and only one setting changed and it was critical to the functionality of my 12v 2000 120v Multiplus. It had changed the AC "Frequency" setting from 60 cycle (the U.S. standard) to 50 cycle (the European standard). As a result, I lost the complete inverting capability. As soon as I reviewed all of my settings and corrected it, everything returned to normal.

2 |3000

testor90 avatar image
testor90 answered ·

Thank you very much,

Can you please tell me what configuration would have changed this?
Or how to change back, so that the MPII is following the DVCC settings?

Thank you!

2 comments
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@TestOr90

All of the inverter base programming. When you firmware updated it reset to factory.

So reprogram the inverter.

The GX remains unchanged.

0 Likes 0 ·
testor90 avatar image testor90 Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Thank you, yes i reprogrammed it, but what setting can lead the MPII to ignore the dvcc?

0 Likes 0 ·
thekwchallenge avatar image
thekwchallenge answered ·

Did you resolve this? Im running Seplos V3 BMS with the latest MPII firmware and CVL is being read correclty by the chargers.

I have an issue with grid feed in but thats another issue in another thread. Happy to compare Seplos settings if it helps you.

2 |3000