question

ccraven avatar image
ccraven asked

How to control MPPT load with node red

I'm using a 75/15 Smart Solar MPPT with a Cerbo GX and Node-Red. Does anyone know if it is possible to control the load output of the MPPT using Node-Red? I've tried injecting '0' and '1' to 'Load/State' but this has no effect. I'm actually not sure what this does.

Some help would be appreciated. Thanks.

MPPT SmartSolarNode-RED
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

@ccraven Moving to modifications space as it's a Node-Red question.

0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
cardy01 avatar image
cardy01 answered ·

@ccraven was looking at this just now .... seems all you can do is turn the whole charger on or off

1697725755950.png

1697725755950.png (29.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) avatar image
Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) answered ·

See https://github.com/victronenergy/venus/wiki/dbus#solar-chargers for more info on the available paths. The `/Load/State` path is read-only. The '/Mode' path is writable.

1 comment
2 |3000

ccraven avatar image ccraven commented ·
Thanks, but isn't /Mode used to turn the charger on and off not just the load output?
0 Likes 0 ·
palle avatar image
palle answered ·

I have the same question. How to control the load output? It can be by using NodeRed or maybe there is some other way?

2 |3000