question

t3mschm2d avatar image
t3mschm2d asked

EVCS - Ground fault - Where to find some docs about the error

Hey Victron-Commuity,

currently I've installed a EVCS-NS as described in the Victron manual. The wallbox is connected to all three phases and I have also connected an RCD ahead of it as prescribed. After commissioning, however, I get the current status "Ground fault". Unfortunately, I have not found any documentation on the status message itself and had hoped that I could get some help here. Do you know how I can solve this?

Best regards from Germany!
Tim

Groundingevcs
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi Tim, most of the time, when there is a ground fault reported by the EVCS, that's truth.

Can you measure the voltages between L1 and GND, L1 and N, N and GND and share them here?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

t3mschm2d avatar image t3mschm2d commented ·
Hi Lucian,

sorry for the late response. I've remeasured between all phases, restarted the Wallbox and the error disappeared. I'm a bit clueless why this error happened, but it's gone for now and the wb is running absolutely fine for around 1,5 months.

@Stefan Boldt I hope you were able to fix your problem as I can't give you any information about how mine fixed itself :D

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefan Boldt avatar image
Stefan Boldt answered ·

Hi. Same problem hier. Between L1 and GND and L1 and N I have exactly the same voltage (232V) Between GND and N I have 0,14V.

I my case the error message "Ground fault" shows only for a short time. Mostly less then a minute. I only know this, because I monitor it. It gows from 0 - Disconnected to 8 - ground fault and back to 0 - Disconnected in less then a minute.

My Wallbox is connected on the grid side.

Any Ideas?

8 comments
2 |3000

I think you have a different problem. From time to time you have a ground fault error, his unit is not functional because it detects all the time missing ground.
In your case, I think I know what the problem is, please send me an email with the VRM portal ID.

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefan Boldt avatar image Stefan Boldt Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks. Where can I find/see your email address?

0 Likes 0 ·
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ Stefan Boldt commented ·
If you click on my name here, you don't see it?

If not, lpopescu@victronenergy.com

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefan Boldt avatar image Stefan Boldt Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks. Will send you the data. But.. If I click on your name I get this page:

https://community.victronenergy.com/users/1959/lucian-popescu.html

But somehow I can't find any email address.

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ Stefan Boldt commented ·
It's in the message text. Lucien has selflessly exposed himself to the world's spammers for you.
0 Likes 0 ·
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

It's ok, my email address is displayed in so many places :) like in the link below

https://www.victronenergy.com/contact

0 Likes 0 ·
Thanks Lucian for your support. The Firmware Upgrade resolved the sporadic Ground Fault errors on my Wallbox.
0 Likes 0 ·
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ Stefan Boldt commented ·
Thanks Stefan! When the official version will be released, make sure you're updating it, now it's a beta.
1 Like 1 ·
Stefan Boldt avatar image
Stefan Boldt answered ·

@t3mschm2d I got a beta firmware from Victron which fixed the problem with the Ground fault issue.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic