question

smclover avatar image
smclover asked

UK Grid Code

Apologies up front first post...

My Multiplus 2 firmware update to 510. Has locked me out of the ESS settings.

VEconfig It wants my grid code to reset.

What is the easiest way to reset?

Thank You.

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
daza avatar image
daza answered ·

Not sure if you try to update it again it should wipe everything and start as scratch

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

smclover avatar image
smclover answered ·

No, sorry that's not my answer.

the firmware update has changed the config file. Uploading the old file has no effect.

img-0332.jpegimg-0333.jpeg

so "what is this code and who has it"?

Thanks for your response.

img-0332.jpeg (1.3 MiB)
img-0333.jpeg (1.1 MiB)
2 |3000

daza avatar image
daza answered ·

@smclover@hotmail.com im not going to post it bud but quick google victron grid code password I would also say do there online courses gives you a good base and the forum scan chime in with the rest https://professional.victronenergy.com/online-training/ , all the best let us know how you get on after the code stage

2 |3000

ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

@smclover@hotmail.com The latest firmware split the UK G98 / G99 gridcodes into two separate entries, which I suspect have triggered this given changing a code once set, will always require the code for ANY subsequent changes. Officially the code can be obtained from your point of purchase (reseller / distributor) or possibly from Victron support.

2 |3000

smclover avatar image
smclover answered ·

Thanks all,

My supplier didn't know what I was talking about and tried to sell me a USB interface.

But another "Lovely" supplier (who I will not mention) listened to what I said, and emailed it.

The now broken config file is downloaded.

Enter the Grid Code, (it had changed G98 into two)

Upload and download it again.

Now the "repaired" file is useable.

Set ESS.

All working, Hooray

KEEP THE GRID CODE SAFE.

All the best.

BTW I've changed my supplier.

3 comments
2 |3000

Hi SMCLOVER, I’ve got the same problem but can’t find the code from Google, it just comes up with Victron community pages, any help would be good, thanks.
0 Likes 0 ·
bruggie avatar image bruggie Richard Weir commented ·

Search for "If needed, the grid password is", first link for me points to a Victron training where it is mentioned.

0 Likes 0 ·
Richard Weir avatar image Richard Weir bruggie commented ·
Sorry I’m being a bit thick. I couldn’t find it with the search if needed…”. Could you email it to me at rweir8@gmail.com
0 Likes 0 ·