question

justin-steinmann avatar image
justin-steinmann asked

MPPT performance differences

We are in an off grid situation using an 5Kw Easysolar 150/100 and recently the solar charger stopped working and was replaced. I have noticed since the unit was hooked back up that the performance of the charger isn't quite the same as the old one. Meaning that on a day that the old changer would provide 4500W, the new one is only producing 3800W, for example.

Is there a reason this could be happening? I just assumed the performance of the charger was dictated by the solar irradiance and nothing else..

Thanks for any input advice in advance.

MPPT Controllers
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Justin Steinmann

I would check all the connections and assembly.

If the connections and wiring are not quite white same then there will also be a difference.

Since the entire set up was disturbed including its guts that is where to begin. Besides a firmware update.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Maybe also connect to the mppt and confirm it is setup right - no current limits etc.

2 |3000