question

onahill avatar image
onahill asked

Mulitplus II 12/3000/120 not turning on right away

I have a Multiplus 12/3000/120 that I have used for about a month. In the Victron Connect app and VRM, the inverter turns off right away, but then gives a 1 -5 minute delay in turning on. It always does turn on eventually. I am using the V.E. Bus Smart Dongle. I spent the last year using a 24/3000 and it turned on and off immediately. Now that I have gone back to 12volt, all I've done is rewire batteries and swap out inverters. Same dongle, same network in use. Nobody so far had heard of this, so I thought I would try here. Can anyone help? I can post proof, but it's a boring video.

Multiplus-II
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@onahill

12 /3000 is double the size DC cable of a 24/3000.

All I can think is that could possibly be what is causing the issue. So it is taking a while to charge caps and saturated cores.

Alternatively a high resistance connection was inadvertently made in the change?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

onahill avatar image
onahill answered ·

Thanks for the answer. It is not the cable size. They are sized for 12 volt (4/0 awg) and were oversized for 24 volt. I am not sure what you mean by "high resistance connection made in change." Could you explain, please?

2 |3000

onahill avatar image
onahill answered ·

Solved. It was a network cable gone bad.

2 |3000