question

sac-rv avatar image
sac-rv asked

New VRM iOS Widget is a step backwards

Your new large widget for iOS is a big step backwards. It no longer shows solar product nor battery level. Please offer the pervious version as an optional widget.

widget vrm
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

8 Answers
Barbara (Victron Energy) avatar image
Barbara (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi all,
repeating what @nickdb mentioned; due to the widget getting quite full with data, we decided to split the status widget into 2 with the new release.

I understand that when you aren't interested in the forecasts, needing 2 widgets feels like a step back. We will bring back the old widget as an additional choice. I will update you when this is available again. Thank you for raising your concerns!

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Mine is fine. maybe post a screenshot.

2 |3000

aaxcie avatar image
aaxcie answered ·

I agree. After updating the VRM app on iOS the large widget was changed and now the current solar production in watt is missing as well as the battery SOC as easy to read number.

Can we please have the old widget as an option?

[@Victron]

2 |3000

sac-rv avatar image
sac-rv answered ·

img-1094.jpg

Original design

img-4308.jpg

New design

The original provided better data then the new one does.

img-1094.jpg (66.2 KiB)
img-4308.jpg (146.5 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·

Ah ok. that top section is in a status widget of its own, that can be added separately. The main widget was improved to provide clearer views of the data and today, tomorrow and next week options.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Roux avatar image
Daniël Roux answered ·

I also feel the new large widget design is a step backwards, and would much prefer to have the old design back as an option. I don’t personally have a need to view the following day’s/week’s forecast, whereas seeing the current battery SoC is very useful to me.

2 |3000

nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

I will feed back to the team for their consideration.

2 |3000

Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Lucian Popescu (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Thanks all, noted!

2 |3000

sac-rv avatar image
sac-rv answered ·

Thank you so much to listening to us.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic