question

aclarke avatar image
aclarke asked

Remote VEConfigure not allowing config file opening

I need to increase the max charging current of 2 Multiplus II's running in parallel and connected to a Cerbo GX running ESS.

Following the instructions in the document VRM: Remote VEConfigure, I have downloaded the configuration file ready to be edited. However when I open VEConfigure 3 and try to open the file for editing, the 'file open' option in the menu is greyed out.

If I can't make the change anc upload it we will have to shut down and I will have to connect directly to the inverter. Definitely not my preferred option!

Any help appreciated. Thx

VEConfigure 3
3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mac-the-knife avatar image mac-the-knife commented ·

Hi there,

I appear to have the same issue. Is there a setting in VEConfigure3 that I would have to enable / disable so that it allows me to do this:

1. Modify the configuration by opening the downloaded .RSVC file in VEConfigure.

I have downloaded the file using VE Remote Configure on VRM. However, the option to then load the downloaded file into VEConfigure3 on my Win10 PC seems to be greyed out for me too.

Thanks,

Henning

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ mac-the-knife commented ·

Can you make some screenshots?

Normally you just doubleclick the downloaded file and VE.config should start automatically.

0 Likes 0 ·
mac-the-knife avatar image mac-the-knife Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
yes, thank you. sorry, i did not refresh the page... thanks for the quick response. it worked.
0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
mac-the-knife avatar image
mac-the-knife answered ·

I think I just found out how it works by watching a youtube video on this. Rather than opening VEConfigure3 and then trying to load the file from the file menue, I just double clicked on the downloaded config file and VEConfigure opened it.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

frombaut avatar image
frombaut answered ·

When in VEConfigure, instead of opening the file, choose Port selection -> Fake target from file and select the file. You can then edit the settings. When you close VEConfigure the changes You made are saved.

1707223023519.png

1707223023519.png (21.4 KiB)
2 |3000