question

ste7of1 avatar image
ste7of1 asked

VE.bus system control node-red

img-6986.jpegAfter upgrading to 3.0/3.1, (venusOS - raspberry pi) my program flow no longer shows VE.bus system control node option to set multiplus switch state in node red as indicated in attached pic. Help screen shows option but it seems to be missing when trying to configure. This used to work; don't know if function was changed (although help shows setting) or if I did something should note, multiplus is currently in ”off” state but would think this should effect node red status or coding - should just show state as “off” but function seemed to have disappeared.

Node-RED
img-6986.jpeg (731.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
ste7of1 avatar image
ste7of1 answered ·

Nevermind…

after spending more time than i care to admit looking for issue, i discovered that my multiplus was missing from my device list, hence, (presumably) no control functions on ve.bus. Using victron connect to turn on multiplus, it reappeared in the device list and all was well. I don’t recall turning off the multiplus having any effect on anything (software/interface wise) before, or maybe I just always had the multiplus on while fooling with node-red interface. Or possibly the connection via the MK3-USB connection to the RPi was confused for some reason - i did plug in a usb-GPS device about a week ago, but, all is good again.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

osullivan avatar image
osullivan answered ·

If someone else is missing the "Switch Position" Measurement in Node-Red or can´t access the Switch setting in the GX interface:

In my case my Multiplus II GX was thinking there is a "Digital Multi Control" connected (which was not true) and therefore disabling this setting.

I could solve this by pressing the "recognize again" button for the VE.Bus System inside the Multiplus --> Extended menu.

victron.jpg

I got my Multiplus second hand and maybe the previous owner attached the "Digital Multi Control"

victron.jpg (135.1 KiB)
2 |3000