question

Frederic Dumarey avatar image
Frederic Dumarey asked

Multiplus Compact: charger led ON and alarm-led blinking

Hello,

I'm setting up a Multiplus Compact 12/1200/50 with a Smart LiFePo4 12.8V-160Ah.

Added a VE.BUS BMS Mains detector + VE.BUS MS (10R-05 4003) + digital multi control.

System comes right out of the box; should have been factory pre-programmed to work together.

When switching on with no 230VAC input and no load (no matter inverter or charge), the multiplus leds shows the charger-led on and hte alarm-led blinking. the digital multi control only shows the digits for amps (e.g. 16). When plugging in the 230VAC input, the digital multi control lights up the 'mains'.

I cannot find back the status of 'charge led on + alarm led blinking' in any of the manuals or the Victor led app. I prefer not to let the system be in that state without knowing what it means.

I measured the voltage of the battery and it is fixed 12.80V, no matter in with or without 230VAC input or state 'on/off/charger only'

led
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Out of the box is the Multi not preprogrammed.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Frederic Dumarey avatar image Frederic Dumarey commented ·

Thanks for your reply. I badly phrased it.

The distributor charged extra to program it to work with the LiFePo4.

I do not have a MK2 or MK3 to check it. I would like to find out what this led status means.

Strange I cannot find it in manuals/on-line/led app.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ Frederic Dumarey commented ·

What happen if you only connect + and - to the Multi and switch it on?

Can you make some pictures of your wiring?

0 Likes 0 ·
Frederic Dumarey avatar image
Frederic Dumarey answered ·

Hello M. Lange,

thanks for your return. I checked further the manuals and after connecting the battery+ wire from the VE.bus BMS, it goes in the expected service. I didn't connect it before because that wire is the only one not supplied in the kit. That specific led status was not possible to be found in the manuals. So I will understand that the behavior was because the BMS did not allow the battery to charge. Now seems to work and trying to charge until full.

thanks for your help!

best regards,

Frederic

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic