question

bobf avatar image
bobf asked

How to Repair LCD screen on a BlueSolar 150/85?

My BlueSolar 150/85 has lost most of the segments on the LCD screen. Unit works fine, but I cannot set parameters for my new setup. I am electronically savvy, but wondering if it is the LCD itself, or maybe the driver. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to how I can repair it. Not looking at warranty. Am sure I can find a screen with same size/pins, etc. Any help, suggestions and opinions are welcome. Is it possible to read anything on the Canbus (external reader, software?), Cerbo, or anything like that as compared to attaching a new screen and hope for the best. If anyone knows the replacement screen and driver, that would help a lot! Thanks in the advance.

MPPT Controllers
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
Do you have the olde metal boxed 150/85?
0 Likes 0 ·
3 Answers
Mike Dorsett avatar image
Mike Dorsett answered ·

I would use Victron connect and a VE direct cable to change the settings...

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·
I think he has the old MPPT in aluminum case (looks like a small MultiPlus). This MPPT only has VE.can, VE.direct wasn't available at that time.
0 Likes 0 ·
bobf avatar image
bobf answered ·

Hello everyone. Yes, mine is the older unit with only the VE.can. It is an excellent unit and works well. Surely there must be a way to access the settings either on the bus or somehow repair or replace the LCD screen. Since only a few segments can be read, I have no idea how it is set at the moment except to monitor what is happening. I BELIEVE it is on the Lithium Iron Phosphate setting. However, I need to get into the USER program to change some voltage settings, absorption time, etc. I have added a new array which this unit controls but the settings do not bring that array up to the needed charge volts or float volts. On the other, larger array, the 250/70 is set via the User Defined process via the Victron Connect and Blue Tooth. These settings compensate for the voltage drop between the long run from the MPPT to the batteries, and the difference between what the BMV-700 shows (voltage) compared to what an actual Multi-meter shows. I am hoping Matthias can help me with a solution. Also looking for any ideas/help for replacing the LCD screen. I know my way around a circuit board so not afraid of making an attempt...so long as it doesn't cause the MPPT to quit! Thanks.

1 comment
2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

@BobF This display looks similar.

Might be worth asking if the LCD is compatible.

0 Likes 0 ·
diamond avatar image
diamond answered ·

Hi Bobf,

Did you find a solution for this issue?
My one failed with the top half of the screen blank, while the bottom half is still visible quite some time ago. Not needing to change settings ever it stayed in situ for a good few months, however it would be 'nice' to fix it if it's possible and the cost is reasonable.
In addition to that I also now have a customer with a similar issue.
They are, as you say, a great unit - and not cheap - so repair is preferable to replacement.
Any advice appreciated.
Cheers!

2 |3000