question

praxidice avatar image
praxidice asked

Exactly how to alter Cerbo GX parameters

What has me totally stumped is how to access and change Cerbo GX settings ? Its not available in VRM and I can't figure from the manual how to connect locally, whether via bluetooth, wifi or network. Initial issue is that data updates happen at indeterminate times, I want to reduce the standard setting (which I understand is 15 minutes) to one or two minutes so I can see figures in something like real time, not hours later.

VEConfigure 3
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

6 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

on the side of the cerbo is a sticker that has the wifi connection details so connect your phone to the cerbo . the cerbo is the hot spot. then once connected to the wifi then open victron connect on the same phone or tablet or even a PC laptop and you can connect to the cerbo without a screen

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

praxidice avatar image
praxidice answered ·

Victron Connect does not appear to allow changing any settings, only viewing. Is there something I've missed about enabling the ability to make changes ?

1 comment
2 |3000

praxidice avatar image praxidice commented ·
A possibly related question is why I'm only getting VERY belated data updates (if any). Presently the most recent update was three hours ago despite the default update interval being 15 minutes. The Cerbo does appear to be online so its not a connectivity issue.
0 Likes 0 ·
gazza avatar image
gazza answered ·

Go to the Remote Console > Settings > VRM online portal, and check settings on this page, you can then change update interval.

screenshot-2024-01-02-at-084153.pngGo to VRM Settings > General page and toggle the real time updates switch
screenshot-2024-01-02-at-084432.png

2 |3000

praxidice avatar image
praxidice answered ·

Now we are getting close .... would someone kindly explain in gross detail what I need to do to actually SEE that VRM portal window as shown. When I connect to my Cerbo, I get something showing current flow between charge controller / battery / inverter etc, but nothing even remotely like the VRM Portal with settings that can be changed. Presumably I'm missing sonmething simple but despite reading the manual countless times I have yet to find my way to that page. I did see a page with the real time updates selected however my Cerbo isn't aware that it should take real time updates seriously.

2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Did you look into the manual?

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Cerbo_GX/en/accessing-the-gx-device.html

https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Cerbo_GX/en/configuration.html

Setting -> VRM online portal -> Log interval

The smallest interval is 1min.

2 |3000

praxidice avatar image
praxidice answered ·

I've read the manual more times than I can count but its of no assistance whatever in this case.. Eventually I did manage to change the update setting to one minute ... real time updates was already selected. Still doesn't convince the cerbo to take notice though. I'm getting the impression that there must be some kind of communication issue, now wondering if I need to implement some other system, possibly the Victron 4g device independent of bluetooth / wifi / wired networks.

2 |3000