question

wntrhwk avatar image
wntrhwk asked

IP22 charger stuck on absorption, not connected to anything

I assume my charger is bad, just wanted to see if anyone else has had similar issues. No charging cable connected, app reads Absorption charge, 14.58v, zero current. If I hook it up to a battery that is 40% discharged, stays on absorption and same voltage.

bluesmart ip22
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

@wntrhwk Have a look at the IP22 manual.

1 Connect DC cables to the charger and then the battery or batteries...

2 Connect the AC power cable to a mains power outlet...

3 Select the charge mode appropriate for the battery type...

Report back if you have further problems.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

wntrhwk avatar image
wntrhwk answered ·

Have had charger hooked up dozens of time in the past, it has always spent majority of time in Bulk, then Absorb, then float. Hooked up a completely discharged 100ah battery this morning, cells measuring 2.725v. Set to "User Defined", "LIFEPO4". Double checked all connections, balance leads, BMS B- and P- connections, etc.. Charger spent 20 seconds in Bulk then went to Absorb.

2 |3000

Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

When the charger is powered but no battery connected, it will show the Absorption LED - this is normal behavior and does not indicate a fault.

When connecting a new battery, the charger must be powered off first. Connection sequence as described in the manual is important.

With regard to your completely discharged LFP battery, it sounds like the BMS is not allowing the battery to accept a charge, and the charger sees that as no battery present, so reverts to Absorption LED as it would when no battery is connected.

2 |3000