question

lettsdoit avatar image
lettsdoit asked

hyundai 800selr ve configuration

My hyundai 8000selr isn't talking to my multiplus ii ..it recognises it briefly then disconnects. vrm console says the ac1 is disconnected ... does anybody know the ve configure settings for this generator. i feel im going round in circles by checking wiring etc.

Generator
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
lettsdoit avatar image
lettsdoit answered ·

Done it... thanks for the help chaps

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
@lettsdoit

Would help others if you can say how you fixed it. Thanks.

0 Likes 0 ·
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @lettsdoit

Some general stuff.. https://www.victronenergy.com/live/multiplus_faq

Take a close look at Dynamic Current Limiter. It's like a soft-start to give the genset time to wind up without dropping off spec.

This link too has some explanations of various things.. https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/120935/which-generators-are-fully-compatible.html

You could also try a search for 'Hyundai' here, might find something specific for your brand/model.

If you can narrow your issue down a little, we may be able to offer something more specific.

2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Had the same with 8000SELR-T. On investigation I found that neutral was about 70V, live was about 160V. This compared to earth.

Solution was to make up a cable which bridged earth and neutral inside the 32A CEE plug. Mark it clearly.

2 |3000

lettsdoit avatar image
lettsdoit answered ·

Sorry for not posting the results sooner family life etc..So i went onto VE Configre 3 turned off ups function turned on dynamic current limiter also turned on weak ac input.I then changed the charge current from 70a to 20a and all has been fine since.

2 |3000