question

bezda avatar image
bezda asked

Feature Request: Lynx Smart BMS

I really like the Lynx Smart BMS On/Off feature in Victron Connect, that I can use to switch off all loads without going to the engine room when leaving my boat for longer period. It's especially useful since it's keeping the CerboGX powered and I can still use it's geofence features.

The only issue is that the On/Off feature sends signal to both ATD and ATC.

It would be really handy to be able to switch of all all loads, while keeping Solar chargers active.

BMSfeature request
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @bezda ,

That is a nice idea, though there is a little bit more to it: not only ATC and ATD are being switched at the moment, also the main contactor is opened up (which I think is a good thing).

I'll think about it a little!

Note that you can ofcourse wire a physical switch in your ATD contact; but I understand that might require some work and drilling in panels in case you want that switch accessible outside of the engine room.

Best regards, Matthijs

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Raj Laud avatar image
Raj Laud answered ·

Joining the request for this feature. It would open up some nice possibilities for automation.

For example, it would allow better control of "dumb" charging sources like wind generators. On my boat, the (single stage) set point for the wind generator is 14.2 V. However, during sustained periods of high wind/low load, this can result in the batteries sitting at absorption voltage too long. The alternative, setting the wind generator at float voltage, is not very effective for charging.

(And of course, these times of low load are when I'm away from the boat and cannot manually switch the wind generator off).

To my mind, it doesn't have to be a button in Victron Connect, but the ability to flip AtC on/off via MQTT, dbus, etc., would be sufficient.

2 |3000

Related Resources

The feature requests topic tag can help Victron R&D find feature suggestions for products. 

There are many factors that go into the Victron product roadmap, and feedback from end-users can help.

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic