question

Mark avatar image
Mark asked

BMV-712 Attachment sleeve not holding smart meter

Hi All

I just mounted the BMV-712 with the supplied mounting kit. On looking at the white flange it just seems to be a straight round hole. On fitting the meter into flange and then screwing flange to location then pressing the facia plate to the flange to lock it in, all looked ok.

But when I press the setup button the meter just fell through into the cavity the the flange is screwed to.

So how is this not going to fall through?

I’m finding this a PITA.

As all the other equipment seems to be well thought out.

What is wrong, any thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Mark

BMV Battery Monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Can you make some pictures please?

Sounds like you made the hole in the wall to big. it must be 52-53mm in diameter, as shown in the manual:

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Quick-Install-Guide-BMV-700.pdf

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·
Cut a thin sheet of metal to cover the hole, drill the correct size hole with a step bit. Trim the metal to hide behind the cover plate. Fix and cover.
2 |3000

Mark avatar image
Mark answered ·

Yes this is the problem. The existing hole is larger then spec.

I was trying to fill an existing hole.

I really feel that this is an oversight

‘Now i will need something between the wall and flange

1 comment
2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

@mewgaf Didnt the 712 come with the square mounting bezel ??

Quick install guide.

2 Likes 2 ·