question

Robert Biviano avatar image
Robert Biviano asked

Overload behaviour Quattro 48V /10000

Hi We are submitting these inverters as part of a large tender and have been asked to provide specific information on how the inverters behave under short circuit/ overload conditions on the AC output, The site is in a remote location and so whether they have an automated fault recovery and how this process operates is particularly relevant @Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager)

Update ( edit ) I have found the following from the Quattro manual does the highlight section imply that the inverter can produce these currents under short circuit conditions?

Previously we have been adopting peak current values

Also what does the term IcW mean?

victron-quattro-short-ciccuit.png

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Charger
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Robert Biviano

I think you may need to clarify which quattro?

In a normal load overload condition the inverter will run for about half an hour until the system shuts down on temperature. That is at 50% overload.i have tested that. On the older quattros.

If a short circuit, the system will shut down. There is a setting on the ve config inverter tab (you can open in demo mode to check) you can check the bis So not restart after short-circuit (VDE 2510_2 safety). The system wil try to restart after a short circuit. Haven't experienced it on quattros but have on the Multi RSs. The system tried 3 times before the owner stopped the system repeating it. But the multi rs is not programmed with ve config.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sharpener avatar image
sharpener answered ·
2 |3000