question

tom-sephton avatar image
tom-sephton asked

Venus GX configuration for LiFePo4 batteries

Can one configure a Venus GX in standalone mode or does it have to be connected to an Inverter?

Venus OS v3.00-32
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

The GX does what it does with nothing attached to it and it will send data back to VRM for whichever supported device is attached. It can be used for connecting MPPT's to a managed battery and it does not have to have an inverter.

VRM and the console is however, designed to report around a Victron inverter, so in the absence of one, the dashboard and display may not render as expected.

This is more commonly experienced when people use a third party inverter measured via a meter.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tom-sephton avatar image tom-sephton commented ·
Thank yo for clarifying, I loaded the VGX on the VRM Portal, the unit displays correctly but,

when entering "Remote VEConfigure" the portal reports "No remote configurable service on your site"

I have no idea where to search for this issue....

0 Likes 0 ·
tom-sephton avatar image
tom-sephton answered ·

I have no idea how else to configure the Inverter (Multiplus Compact 24| 2000| 50) to accept the LiFePo4 batteries instead of the current Pb battery set

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Venus OS v3.00 – Generator start/stop improvements, ESS Peak shaving