question

donaldaltom avatar image
donaldaltom asked

I am way over my head on this one!

my name is Donald Altom I'm a painter a good one at that here in San Diego Cal are electric is going up and up .a month ago i enquired 2 24 volt modules i thought i was getting into plug and play type system so to the point i need help with settings before I ruin something, I thinking invite on to my system I have gx and router on main power. so as system reboots itself if need be i wont loose you. I have Victron multi plus 48 3000 120 35 Cerbo gx, display ,lynx shunt 1000, 2 mppt 250/100 -tr ve.can , 20 panels ,2 battery modules 24volts made into 48volt I've done my reading on them there outside in a firebox and i have the Vero bms i finally got it to appear in the Cerbo gx and that's where am at , i only programed it in once so far system was up and running for about a hour system shut down due to high voltage. then the other problem i having is the ac in with breaker on powers every thing when battery get around 75 percent full or all the way full it wont stop i need to flip the breaker that stops the charging so i was ok with that for now i only need to plug it in for 2 hours a day. a week has gone by, i was thinking to myself, i really need to install the Vero bms so i did that when i got red light high voltage shut down read out screen simpbms lost connection. i wished I've never started this now I'm over 7,000 into this, and my friends think I'm some type of a god now due to its actually up and running.

<<moderated, personal info removed>>

smart solar set-up help
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Please follow the community guidelines when creating topics and clearly state your issue, providing a full description of your environment and how it is configured.

Victron products are designed to be installed by trained professionals and suitably experienced DIYers.

If you are new to the ecosystem sign up to professional.victronenergy.com and follow the free training.

The manuals and guides contain important information.

If all else fails engage a local installer or your supplier who is responsible for support.

https://www.victronenergy.com/where-to-buy

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

elvis avatar image
elvis answered ·

Your question may draw the correct attention if you put something relevant in the subject title.

In addition you should remove your email address and phone number

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic