question

simonmillz avatar image
simonmillz asked

Quattro AC 2 in problem syncing with GRID

Over last 1 month I am having a issue over night with my quattro syncing with Grid (believe power company has ramped up the volts). When I connecting MK3 with Quattro it shows a UMain on AC 2 in volts in red (248-253v) and every minute or so 'Out Of Phase' pops up and the ignore ac goes to 1 from zero, so wont connect for hours sometimes all night, it will connect in the morning, from 5am (when the local farmers start milking voltage drops to 240v) I am in NZ and us NZ/AU power grid settings, is there a way adjust this. Have changed Grid settings to No Standard with Mk3 and it works fine. So not a issue with Victron hardware. I know not recommend, but changing the Grid and Generator around so Grid is on 'AC 1 in' help considering AC 1 in is actively monitored by inverter, PS once it does connect at night it stays connected generally all night,

gridfeed-in
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

You might want to look into a voltage regulator on the AC input. These high voltages could also damage your loads.

I don't think switching to AC 1 input will have any affect as the accepted voltage range would be the same on both inputs.

Another (expensive) solution would be to add a separate charger that accepts a wider voltage range and let the Quattro reject the incoming grid.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

simonmillz avatar image simonmillz commented ·
it works on other grid codes not on nz/au it just a software setting that is the problem
0 Likes 0 ·
ojack avatar image
ojack answered ·

If your local network operator does not comply with local network regulations, you should ask them to correct the errors.

If the voltage goes too high, the surrounding feeders will probably feed in more than the grid can handle.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic