question

Mike Kolling avatar image
Mike Kolling asked

Which is best Venus release for RPI 2B?

Reason i ask is i have tried latest version and version 2.73 (as i found a post on here where someone said they had that on theirs)

I just cannot get the device to appear in Victron Connect and cannot see anything in Bluetooth.

If i remove headless file it does fire up and settings screen appears.

But cannot see how to connect it to VRM or anything

Any suggestions on what to try?

Venus OSRaspberry Pi
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Rob Duthie avatar image
Rob Duthie answered ·

Hi

The latest ver 3.12 release is OK all works OK.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mike Kolling avatar image Mike Kolling commented ·
closest i have got to hardware being recognised is v2.66. 3.12 does not recognise Bluetooth or wifi dongles

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike Kolling avatar image
Mike Kolling answered ·

It doesnt recognise the WIFI dongle even though booting same device on pukka RPI2 Debian Does.

1 comment
2 |3000

Rob Duthie avatar image Rob Duthie commented ·
Lateset version is all OK.
0 Likes 0 ·
Tom Büschgens avatar image
Tom Büschgens answered ·

Your error description falls probably a bit short to pinpoint the issue :-) but I remember problems, when the raspberry internal clock was way off.

Accessing the system and setting the time correctly usually does the trick.

But: Could also not be your issue, just guessing, as there is not to much info to work with.

2 |3000